2014 EYFS is now in place – for links to download a copy of the publication click here.
We have updated our NEWS page with the following items, click here to read more:
- SEND guide for early years setting, specific support and guidance for setting caring for early years aged children in meeting the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice.
- Infection Control Guidance update, the old HPA chart has been updated with a new guide.
- The National Minimum Wage is set to increase as of 1st October, HMRC guidance for all employers.
- Autism Hampshire website link, really helpful website full or advice and free training for carers and families supporting autism.
Ofsted have published a revised Parents Poster, they have also withdrawn several publications from their website. A list of the currently available factsheets and guidance relating to childminding settings is available on our Ofsted page , including a link to the new poster (which must be displayed/shared with parents). Click here to view. In addition Ofsted have also revised their factsheet around DBS checking, if you need to complete a new DBS associated to your setting please read this factsheet first, titled ‘DBS checks for those who register with Ofsted’ and available from our Ofsted page.
We have updated our Variations Advice page as one of the recently withdrawn publications from the Ofsted website is the ‘Numbers and ages of children you can care’. For clarification on what you can now do and who to contact for further advice click here.
- SfYC have organised training around supporting social and emotional needs for 2 Year Olds - this training is open to all providers working with 2YO’s and it is free. Open the link for full course details, dates and booking: SfYC 2 YO training 2014-15.
- Hart Children’s Centres and Contact a Family have organised a workshop around applying for Disability Living Allowance for families who have SEND children, open the link for full details: SEN Workshop DLA in Hart
We have updated our NEWS page with details of the publication of the SEND (Special Education Needs and Disabilities) Code Of Practice / Early Communication Support Leaflets / Factsheet regarding links between children’s development and feeding habits – click here to read more about these items.
Ofsted have recently published revisions of their Evaluation schedule for inspecting Early Years provision, Conducting Early Years inspections and Conducting Childcare Register inspections documents, these come into effect 1st September’14. Click here to view them from our Ofsted page. The Evaluation Schedule is a very helpful document when preparing for your inspection, although written to support Ofsted inspectors you can see from this document what Ofsted are coming to review at your setting and based on the level of evidence they see which grade to apply.
Inclusion Conferences – SfYC’s Inclusion team are holding 2 conferences around Autism Spectrum and Social Communication Needs. Click the flyer for full details of dates, venues, costs and booking advice: Inclusion Conference Flyer’14
NEWS: we have updated our news page with details of the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge happening in local libraries. Also details of the HMRC factsheets Click here to read more.
Ofsted: we have updated our Ofsted page with some new Ofsted factsheets including a link to the revised version of the ‘Are you ready for your inspection’ document Click here to read more.
Safeguarding Training - we have updated our advice around safeguarding training on our Safeguarding page, click here to read more.
Connect, Reflect and Grow training (CRG) – details of some CRG training happening in Hampshire. CRG is an intervention where practitioners are guided to reflect on video clips of their own successful interactions. Analysing clips helps to slow the process down and identify when children initiate behaviours. Click the flyer for more details and costs. To make a booking click the booking form (Word format document), and return to the address on the form:
Basingstoke Children’s Centre cluster have published their Summer newsletter, click the link to open: Basingstoke CC cluster summer newsletter
NEWS page updates. Notification of a free online training portal available to childcare practitioners supporting children with mental health issues called MindEd. Also a notification from Public Health England on the importance of immunisation. click here to read both articles.
NEWS page update with
- SEND Local Offer which all childcare settings should look to have in place by Sept’14
- Update from HMRC on the range of services available to childminders
- Changes to Child Therapy Services in Hampshire and the new referral process.
- Changes to the Food Standards Agency Safer Food Better Business pack.
HMRC: have launched a new online tutorial designed to support anyone thinking about ‘Becoming an Employer’ click here to view.
SfYC Workforce Development Update: Bursary applications for degree pathway (L4-L6) courses are now being accepted for courses starting Sept’14 click here. If you are interested in embarking on a Level 3 or starting a foundation degree course click here to read more about the courses available, providers and funding support from SfYC.
Ofsted have produced some short films supporting best practice in the EYFS entitled RIGHT from the start. Click here to download the film set in a childminding setting. If you scroll down the page from this film you will find links to the other films in this series from different settings.
NEWS page updates include access to the SfYC transitions support and RDS documents, and some useful guides from the Hampshire Autism Support Service click here to read more.